The Medlim Fast Track Acceleration Program
You can work on your start-up with support of experts to develop the business model, vision/mission, market insights, positioning, product development roadmap and investment readiness.
The MedLim Matchmaking & Fast Track Acceleration Program is set up to support startups/scaleups in bringing new medical devices and/or technologies to the global market. More specifically, the MedLim program is looking for startups/scaleups that are developing breakthrough, innovative MedTech products and services in the Cardiovascular, Diabetes, Neurological & Orthopedic (spine) domains.
To get a better understanding of the opportunities in the “Limburg region” and to have a close collaboration with Medtronic experts, the “Limburg Region can offer you a free of charge intensive 3-week fast track acceleration program onsite (accommodation will be paid by MedLim for max. 2 participants/startup).
A collaboration with MedLim and the expertise partners is unique as they will provide support with world class experts in the field of business, medical device development, regulatory, IP and financing.
The expertise partners
The founding partners Medtronic and LIOF, together with the expertise centers Brightlands Maastricht University, Medace, and imec.istart provide unique and profound experience and knowledge to help startups.
Making healthcare better is our priority, and we believe medical technology can play an even greater role in improving people’s lives. With challenges facing families and healthcare systems – such as rsing costs, aging population, and the burden of chronic disease – we are harnessing the power of technology to take healthcare further, Innovation and collaboration are central to who we are.learn more
LIOF has a lot of experience in investing in medical startups. We help small and medium-sized businesses with innovative ideas, business plans and financing requests, and aids entrepreneurs who want to establish themselves in Limburg. We also help entrepreneurs with cross-border cooperation and international trade.learn more
imec.istart – the number 1 tech startup accelerator in Europe – will support you during the acceleration program with coaching and personalized workshops.learn more
Maastricht University actively facilitates the development of innovations related to health and life sciences through the Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus.learn more
Medace has extensive expertise in supporting academic groups and companies with innovative medical concepts in need of technical, quality and clinical expertiselearn more
Unfortunately, our initial plan to organize the 3 week fast track acceleration program live in the Netherlands will not be possible due to COVID-19. We have decided to organize the program online. The complete schedule will be shared with the start-ups in the week of April 19.
January 18, 2021
February 26, 2021 – 12 PM
March 15, 2021
BOARDROOM PITCHES (ONLINE) & FINAL SELECTION
March 31 – April 1, 2021
DEEP-DIVE CALLS, PROGRAM DEFINITION PER SELECTED STARTUP
April 5 & 6, 2021
START PROGRAM (ONLINE JOINT PREPARATION WORKSHOPS +/- 2 & 1 ON 1 INTERACTION)
April 19 – May 7, 2021
FAST ACCELERATION PROGRAM LIVE IN NL (INTENSIVE INTERACTION WITH MEDLIM PARTNERS, EXPERT WORKSHOP SESSIONS, 1 ON 1 COACHING, MENTORSHIP, INTRODUCTION MEETINGS…) dates are covid dependent
May 17 – June 4, 2021
PITCH EVENT WITH INVESTORS
June 4, 2021
What’s in it for you?
Once selected, you will have the unique opportunity to benefit from the expert know-how, network, collaboration & funding opportunities of the MedLim Partners:
• Medtronic – as a global leader in medical technology, services, and solutions – will share its extensive expertise, with an emphasis on achieving a good quality system and correct documentation to prepare the ventures for human feasibility and potential collaboration options / financing.
• In terms of clinical validation support, the ecosystem also has a lot to offer in the form of in-depth knowledge available at the Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus and facilities such as the Medace cleanroom.
• LIOF offers access to a large network in the Limburg region as well as financing options.
• Interaction with other startups/scaleups
• Pitch event for investors and a follow-up roadshow with relevant investors.
The submission date has passed.
We received 49 registrations for the Medlim program, a great success! Pre-selection has started. 21 lucky ones were selected to join us during the Boardroom Pitches!
Who gets a golden ticket for the MedLim program? The MedLim jury is all ears to find out
Who can apply?
• Startups/scale-ups active in one of the following fields: Cardiovascular, Diabetes, Neurological & Orthopedic (spine)
• Startups that are interested in a collaboration with the leading Medtech player Medtronic together with Brightlan ds Maastricht Campus/Medace, and are prepared to travel to Europe (the Netherlands) for max 3 weeks (part of the acceleration program).
• Your startup/scaleup should be in the ‘acceleration’ phase with an in-depth study already done. Your next step is the ‘design phase’ and you want to work towards a human feasibility study and clinical validation.
How to apply?
The submission date for this edition has passed. We will introduce the candidates here soon.
Get in touch
For more information you can contact Ann Van Mele at Imec:
T +32 474 27 39 25